Skip to main content

What proof of immigration status to provide if I crossed the border?

For applicants applying for a work permit under the deferred action for childhood arrivals program, in addition to prove that you entered the country illegally, you will also need to prove that you are out of status on June 15, 2012.  This is particularly tricky for those of you who were not inspected by a border agent (typical at an airport or land crossing) and simply walked across the border.  Since you will have neither a Form I-94/I-95/I-94W nor a final order of exclusion, deportation, or removal or a charging document placing you into removal proceedings because you were never really into placed into these proceedings, you will simply need to respond accepting that you simply crossed the border.